A common problem we see in our area is when there are multi level homes, that are all heated and cooled on the same system! This project was a perfect example of how dividing up the different levels of the home and providing the correct solution can make all the difference to get your home comfortable and your whole family happy!
Case Study: 4 Zone Mini Split System Installation, 3 Story home finally comfortable on all levels!
- HVAC Contractor: Peppy Heating and Cooling (serving Eagle, Boise, Nampa and surrounding Idaho locations)
- Client Profile: Eagle Idaho homeowner with a 3 story house that could never keep the upstairs comfortable!
- Location: Eagle, Idaho
- Type of HVAC Service: 4 Head Ductless Mini Split System Installed
- System Type: 4 indoor heads and 1 outdoor Mitsubishi system
- Products Used: Four MLZ Mitsubishi Ceiling Cassettes and one MXZ-4C36NA Outdoor unit
- Duration: 2 days
- Specific Challenges: The third floor, where all the bedrooms are, was NEVER comfortable!
- HVAC Features: Energy Efficient, customized zoning solution for each bedroom, ceiling mount so indoor heads were non-intrusive.
- Rebates/Tax Credits: The customer is eligible for the 25C $2000 Tax Credit
- Warranty Description: 12 year parts AND 12 Year Labor Warranty
- Maintenance Recommendations: Once per year ductless maintenance and cleaning filters quarterly on the indoor units
(opens in new tab)
The Challenge: The Third Floor, Where All The Bedrooms Are, Was NEVER Comfortable!
All the bedrooms are upstairs on the third floor, and the furnace/air handler is in the basement. by the time the conditioned air got to the top floor, it was not even close to the correct temperature to accurately condition the space! The thermostat was also on the middle floor and the way that the ducting was ran, there was no way to install a zoning system.
The Solution: A 4 Zone Mitsubishi Ductless Mini Split System
After we installed the 4 head ductless system they are able keep each room at the exact temperature they would like with no issues at all.
The Benefits of Installing a High-Efficiency Heat Pump
The homeowners now have a very energy efficient ductless heating and cooling system, one that is quiet, non-intrusive (mounted in the ceiling), low maintenance, and has a great 12-year parts and labor warranty.
Benefits of Choosing a Custom Mitsubishi HVAC System
There are many benefits to choosing a custom Mitsubishi HVAC system, including:
- Energy efficiency: Mitsubishi heat pumps are much more efficient than traditional gas furnaces, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- Comfort: Mitsubishi systems provide customized zoning and even heating and cooling, ensuring comfort for everyone in your home.
- Reliability: Mitsubishi HVAC systems are known for their reliability and durability.
- Versatility: Mitsubishi systems can be used to heat and cool a variety of home types, including homes with multiple levels or add-on spaces.
Cost of a Custom Mitsubishi HVAC System
The cost of a custom Mitsubishi HVAC system will vary depending on the size and complexity of your home, as well as the specific features and options you choose. Mitsubishi mini split air conditioners are one of the most popular choices for homeowners looking to have a system that is cost-effective, quiet and energy efficient. Although they may be slightly more expensive than some other types of heating and cooling systems, they are less expensive to operate on an annual basis.
Summary of a Successful HVAC Installation
“This may be one of the best and biggest differences in comfort between before and after this system was installed. With the original system, upstairs would be unbearably hot in the summer. All of the bedrooms are on the upstairs level, so it was always too hot in the summer and made it difficult to sleep or be comfortable on the third floor. Now with the new 4 zone ductless system, they are able to keep every bedroom at the perfect temperature for each individual person that occupies that bedroom!”
– Brett Shannon, President of Peppy Heating and Cooling
Homeowner’s Google Review
“We are thrilled with the results from the team at Peppy! Heating and Cooling. And thankful for how they took time to be so thorough with the bid for a Mitsubishi Ductless Mini Split System. And they even got it installed so quickly! “
– Homeowner, Eagle Idaho
Find out how a Custom Mitsubishi HVAC System Installation can increase your home comfort. Based in Boise Idaho we serve the entire Treasure Valley area including Nampa, Meridian, Caldwell, Eagle, Payette, Fruitland and Emmett Idaho.
CALL (208) 906-6928 Today!