Lisa H., a homeowner in Boise, Idaho, was looking to transition from using natural gas to an all-electric high efficiency heat pump from Mitsubishi. She was also concerned about the comfort of her bonus room above the garage, which was always difficult to heat and cool. The City of Boise is located in the Treasure Valley which is a part of the larger Snake River Valley of Southern Idaho.
Project Overview: Custom Mitsubishi HVAC System Installation
- HVAC Contractor: Peppy Heating and Cooling (serving Boise, Nampa and surrounding Idaho locations)
- Client Profile: Lisa H., a environmentally aware Boise homeowner dedicated to energy efficiency
- Location: Boise, Idaho
- Type of HVAC Service: Full system ducted conversion from natural gas to ducted electric heat pump and customized zone upstairs
- System Type: Mitsubishi Ducted Electric Heat Pump with Ceiling Cassette
- Products Used: Mitsubishi SVZ36 Air Handler for downstairs, Mitsubishi MLZ09 Ceiling Cassette for bonus room upstairs, Mitsubishi ducted heat pump outdoor unit
- Duration: 2 days
- Specific Challenges: Transitioning from natural gas to all-electric HVAC and providing comfort in bonus room above garage
- HVAC Features: High efficiency heating and cooling, customized zoning, improved comfort in the bonus room
- Rebates/Tax Credits: System qualifies for the 25C tax credit
- Warranty Description: 12-year parts and 12-year labor warranty
- Maintenance Recommendations: Bi-annual system check-up, monthly filter replacement, joining Peppy Heating and Cooling’s Comfort Club for ongoing maintenance and peace of mind
(opens in new tab)
The Challenge: Designing An Environmentally Friendly HVAC System That Met This Boise Homeowners Needs
- Customer was looking to transition from using natural gas
- Wanted to go all electric
- Very energy and environmentally conscientious
- Someone living in the bonus room above the garage, and it was never comfortable up there
The Solution: Designing and Installing a custom heating and cooling system
The components involved:
- Mitsubishi SVZ36 Air Handler for the downstairs
- Mitsubishi MLZ09 Ceiling Cassette for the bonus room upstairs
- Mitsubishi ducted heat pump outdoor unit
The Benefits of Installing a High-Efficiency Heat Pump
- High efficiency heating and cooling: The Mitsubishi heat pump is much more efficient than a traditional gas furnace, which can save Lisa money on her energy bills.
- Customized zoning: The Mitsubishi system allows Lisa to control the temperature in her downstairs and upstairs areas independently, ensuring comfort for everyone in her home.
- Improved comfort in the bonus room: The Mitsubishi ceiling cassette provides even heating and cooling in the bonus room, making it a comfortable space to live and work.
Benefits of Choosing a Custom Mitsubishi HVAC System
There are many benefits to choosing a custom Mitsubishi HVAC system, including:
- Energy efficiency: Mitsubishi heat pumps are much more efficient than traditional gas furnaces, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- Comfort: Mitsubishi systems provide customized zoning and even heating and cooling, ensuring comfort for everyone in your home.
- Reliability: Mitsubishi HVAC systems are known for their reliability and durability.
- Versatility: Mitsubishi systems can be used to heat and cool a variety of home types, including homes with multiple levels or add-on spaces.
Cost of a Custom Mitsubishi HVAC System
The cost of a custom Mitsubishi HVAC system will vary depending on the size and complexity of your home, as well as the specific features and options you choose. Mitsubishi mini split air conditioners are one of the most popular choices for homeowners looking to have a system that is cost-effective, quiet and energy efficient. Although they may be slightly more expensive than some other types of heating and cooling systems, they are less expensive to operate on an annual basis.
Summary of a Successful HVAC Installation
“This customer was looking to transition from using natural gas, to an all electric high efficiency heat pump from Mitsubishi. She was very energy and environmentally conscience, so we wanted to make sure that we designed a system that would not only help her save energy and not use fossil fuels to heat, but also create better comfort than her original system provided. We were able to accomplish just that! She also has someone living in the bonus room above the garage, and it was never comfortable up there. It is always hard to get to completely separate areas of the home, on different levels with different heat and cooling needs comfortable! We were able to solve it though!
Upstairs we installed a Mitsubishi one-way ceiling cassette (see photos), that has its own controller and fan settings.
For the downstairs, we replaced the old gas furnace in the garage with a Mitsubishi SVZ Air handler and connected it to the ductwork. It of course has it’s own controller, just for the downstairs. Then we connected both the air handler and the ceiling cassette to the same outdoor heat pump unit!
Now, with the heat pump unit we don’t need to create heat in winter time, but instead we just MOVE the heat from outside (all the way down to -13F) into the home! This is much more efficient and energy conscious than a natural gas furnace! Not to mention she now has a custom zoning system and high efficiency air conditioning also built in!”
– Brett Shannon, President of Peppy Heating and Cooling
Homeowner’s Google Review
“On-time, courteous and respectful, attentive to details, did excellent work, cleaned up completely when done. If I could give them six stars I would!
When my old gas heating system developed a crack in the heat exchanger, I got six bids for a new all-electric, cold-climate heat pump system to take advantage of my solar credits. Peppy provided by far the most efficient and effective system bid for the cost, and were honest and responsive, from the office folks to the installers. I’ve recommended them to everyone I know who has asked for an HVAC bid.”
– Lisa Hecht, Local Guide · Level 4
Find out how a Custom Mitsubishi HVAC System Installation can increase your home comfort. Based in Boise Idaho we serve the entire Treasure Valley area including Nampa, Meridian, Caldwell, Eagle, Payette, Fruitland and Emmett Idaho.
CALL (208) 906-6928 Today!